DNS cluster

Stelios Asmargianakis linux at climbincrete.com
Thu Jul 7 14:14:26 UTC 2005

Ok I am a little bit confused now :-)
Here is the scenario:

Server1 (Linux - no control panel) - Master DNS - Debian

Server2 (Linux - no control panel) - Slave DNS - Debian

Server3 (Cpanel control panel) - Clients sites (non profit but very
important) - CentOS 4

Server4 - Sites with no control panel - Debian.

For example, a client with admin privileges adding a new domain in Server3
via the Cpanel. Then cpanel stores the new details/zones under its bind
configuration.

Then I am getting these zones and the named.conf from Server3 with rsync and
copy both (zone and named.conf) to Server1 and Server2(?) and then reload
the bind daemon in Server1 and Server2.

Server3 and Server4 are both configured to use ns1 (Server1) and ns2
(Server2) for redundancy.

Is that right or I am missing the whole DNS idea :-)?