DNS cluster

Robert Vangel vangelr at rfgt.net
Thu Jul 7 13:51:18 UTC 2005

Stelios A. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to set up a DNS cluster using a traditional master-slave but I
> cannot find a way to add the appropriate entries in named.conf on the
> slave DNS (master will run linux with cpanel control panel installed).
> That means that although the zone files would automatically synchronise,
> however I would have to manually add new zone entries to named.conf on the
> 2nd box (linux no control panel).
>
> Hope the above is clear enough!
>
> Any ideas how to achieve that?
>
> Thanks a lot

Make an alias something like 'confsync' and run it after you make changes to named.conf, or alternatively make an alias like 'editconf' which just:

nano /etc/bind/named.conf && rsync [bleh]

After that, add a cron job which rsync's named.conf every x minutes just in case you forget to run it (in the first case where you run it each time u edit the conf).

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s
-- Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature