Queries work on windoze, not on Solaris

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 18:30:31 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 07:31, richa wrote:
> I have 2 domains which can be successfully resolved on Windoze boxes,
> but not when running BIND 9.2.1 on Solaris 8.
>
> The domains are;
>
> vm-mail.com
> calmra.com

It's off-topic here, but I was just perusing my mail server logs,
lo-and-behold, I saw a rejection from calmra.com. It's listed at
joewein.de as a spammer-owned domain.

If that determination is in error, you might wish to discuss it with
Joe.

> Anyone got any ideas for trouble shooting.

You mean, like shooting spammers? :)

MS Windows uses alternative means of name resolution, whereas most
Unices stick to DNS and files.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header