multiple named process in a single machine?

郑中华 yakut at pku.edu.cn
Fri Jan 28 01:58:08 UTC 2005

Hello,

Since named seems do not scale well on 4+ CPUs, I plan to use multi
named process in a single machine with multi IPs.

I managed started named process with different named.conf files, and
limit IP address for each with 'listen-on' option in named.conf.

But from syslog, a message said:
listening on IPv4 interface eth0, 10.101.0.88#53
binding TCP socket: address in use
couldn't add command channel 127.0.0.1#953: address in use
couldn't add command channel ::1#953: address in use
zone xxx/IN: loaded serial 42
running

I tried dig from clients to different server IPs, it just work!

Anybody can tell me does this make sense? If yes how to eliminate
the 'addr in use' errors in syslog?

Thx.