trouble compiling liblwres on Windows (BIND 9.3.0)

Stefan Puiu stefanpuiu at itcnetworks.ro
Fri Jan 21 10:37:34 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:

>At 05:18 PM 1/20/2005, Mark Andrews wrote:
>VC++ V6 do not include the necessary files and you need to get them
>from the SDK. V7 (aka .NET) includes these files and you don't need
>the SDK for them. For V6 you need the following 4 files from the SDK:
>iphlpapi.h
>iptypes.h
>ipexport.h
>iphlpapi.lib
>
>If you don't want to install the SDK you can just copy these files. I just
>put the headers into the VC98/Include directory and the link library into
>the VC98/Lib directory. After that everything builds.

Not quite. The compiler would choke on iphlpapi.h with the following error:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\iphlpapi.h(183) :
error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'pStats'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\iphlpapi.h(183) :
error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'pStats'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\iphlpapi.h(183) :
error C2059: syntax error : ';'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\iphlpapi.h(183) :
error C2059: syntax error : ','
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\iphlpapi.h(185) :
error C2059: syntax error : ')'

The line that was causing the error has something like:

    OUT PMIB_ICMP_EX    pStats,

with PMIB_ICMP_EX not being defined anywhere. I checked the SDK and it
seems to be defined in Iprtrmib.h; that file already exists in
VC98\Include, so I kept a copy of the old one and overwrote it with the
one from the SDK. Now liblwres builds just fine, and so does named (and
the other binaries).

We don't have licenses for MSDEV 7, unfortunately, so I can't build with
that compiler/header files/libraries set right now.