can bind8 override a single A record?

HAND,Nathan Nathan.HAND at dewr.gov.au
Thu Jan 20 05:04:06 UTC 2005

Just explaining the problem seems to have jumpstarted my brain. Could I
have a zone called server.partner.com.au on our DNS server? An A record
for that zone would resolve to our local NAT address. All other requests
(eg, www.partner.com.au) would use the authorative server for
partner.com.au.=20

Is there a gotcha with that solution that I'm not seeing?

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.