dnssec-signzone crash on Windows 2000

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Jan 20 02:30:32 UTC 2005

At 04:50 AM 1/19/2005, Stefan Puiu wrote:
>Thanks for confirming this, am I to understand that bind9-bugs is to be
>used for reporting BIND 9 bugs, and bind-bugs for BIND 8 ones?

Yes.

>  And also, is there an online database of BIND bugs and fixes that I can
> query, so that I don't end up reporting known bugs?

No, the Changes file contains the list of bug fixes and enhancements. It
doesn't
matter if you file a bug report and it's already been reported. You'll be
notified
if it's a duplicate. It's more important to report the bug than to spend
the time
trying to find out if it's already been reported. Most bug reporting
systems have
duplicate bug reports by different people.

>On the other hand, it would be real nice to see a stable Windows build of
>BIND 9 without crashing binaries. I haven't tried 9.2.4, though.

9.2.4 should be stable and won't have the problem that you saw. The output
method changed in 9.3.0 which is why you had the problem. Is 9.3.0 not
stable for you? What problems are you seeing? Did you report any of them?

Danny