Wrong glue records entered.

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 20 01:12:24 UTC 2005

In article <csmc7j$lat$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "kirkgbr at yahoo(dot)com" <kirkgbr at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, I was hoping to get a look at the script.  8^)
>
> But, thanks for the reply anyway.  I will see what I can come up with.
> I am just trying to come up with a "friendly" way of finding what
> domains in our config we are truly authoritative for.
>
> I think you might have pointed me in the right direction though.
>
> Something like this I hope?
>
> for i in `cat domainlist`
> do dig $i ns
> done
> anyone else who might have a suggestion, please guide me.

Something like:

for i in `cat domainlist`
do
  dig $i ns @<tld-server>
  dig $i ns @<our-auth-server>
  <compare the two results>
done

It gets a bit tricky because sometimes the same server may be known by
different names, so <compare the two results> might need to resolve the
servers to their IPs to determine if they're the same.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA