swap secondary DNS service?

jeff dnshosting at dnshosting.exjay.com
Fri Jan 7 23:32:41 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for this question ... if it's
not the proper place could someone point me to the proper place for this
type of post?

Otherwise ...

I have a home network and currently run BIND 9.3.0 on Solaris 9.  I have
about 40 very small zones that I host for myself and friends.  The
secondary name servers I use will soon be going away.  I imagine the
number of zones will slightly increase over time but I doubt there will
ever be any heavily-used domains.  I just kicked off named logging so I
can get a better feel for the real number of queries.

I'm looking to set up a relationship with someone who is interested in
swapping secondary DNS hosting.  For free.  I'll host your secondary zones
if you host mine :-)  The secondary name service providers I've seen so
far charge too much IMHO or are too flaky.

My home network connects to the internet via a DSL.  I have a static IP.
The only significant connectivity outage my network has experienced over
the past three years was for about six hours and was caused by a power
outage, and then only after my APC UPS' battery went down after about 30
minutes.

I'd be willing to discuss other swaps as well (e.g., backup mail servers)
but my primary interest is in swapping DNS hosting.

If anyone is interested in discussing further, the best way to contact me
is via email.

Thanks,

jeff
dnshosting at dnshosting.exjay.com