chroot - help

Walkenhorst, Benjamin Benjamin.Walkenhorst at telekom.de
Thu Jan 6 09:44:08 UTC 2005

Hello,

> I am parsing the querylog file and creating the report
> periodically. If I redirect into syslog file, then it
> 'll become hard to parse the file. Just my thought.
>
> Pls advice me

Syslog can write into several files, depending on where a
message comes from and how severe it is.
This allows you to log queries into a separate file.
You have to define the facility to log to in named.conf and you have
to tell syslog to write messages from that facility into a file of its
own. See your system's man-pages [syslog.conf(5), named.conf(5)] for
details, it shouldn't be hard to do.

Kind regards,
Benjamin