bind server fails to deliver

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Sun Feb 27 18:29:28 UTC 2005

On Sunday 27 February 2005 06:10 am, Barry Margolin wrote:

> Since this reverse domain is implemented using RFC 2317, your server
> can't resolve the reverse entries unless it can see the CNAME records
> in the parent zone.  So it either needs to be a slave for the parent
> zone or be able to recurse.  You have recursion enabled, but don't
> seem to have the root hints loaded, so it doesn't know where to
> recurse to!

Thanks, Barry.  The hints code was in the /etc/named.conf file but the
file wasn't where it was supposed to be.

I downloaded a new one, and voila... everything works.

I appreciate your help.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation