Antwort: DDNS to update DNS-ZoneData fromDHCP

holger.honert at signal-iduna.de holger.honert at signal-iduna.de
Wed Feb 23 06:49:35 UTC 2005

Hi Andreas,
we have done this with approx. 3.000 clients and worked fine. we haven't
had big problems concerning the distribution of these dyn. records to the
secondaries if working with notifies.
depending on the network connectivity nearly in the same second we got the
updates on the secondary. if your machines are located in a LAN or
broadband WAN you should not get into trouble.
if you want to monitor this you should know that the journal-files on the
prim. and the sec. server don't have timestamps, so you use the
message-logs and make sure that the times are synchronized.
with the tool journalprint (located in the distribution of BIND in
bin/tests) you can check only the contents of the journal-files (they are
in binary-format).

if you would like I can post my configs.

Kind Regards/ Freundlichen Gruß

Holger Honert

KOMN-97851

SIGNAL IDUNA Gruppe