query problem ?? - B root Server

rene mathis rene at solosaina.ch
Tue Feb 22 15:46:00 UTC 2005

I also tried out to force the source port for queries to be 53.
The reason is that if there were responses from b.root-servers.net they came
to a high port (the same as the source port) and from another ip adress
(192.228.79.200/2/3) than the query was sent to (192.228.79.201). And so the
answer from the root server was dropped by our firewall. Since I have changed
the source port to be 53, the response comes back to port 53 as well and it
gets through our firewall.

Maybe there are better solutions for this problem?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:02:35 +0000, Ketil Froyn wrote

--
Rene Mathis
rene at solosaina.ch