Antwort: logging on bind 9

holger.honert at signal-iduna.de holger.honert at signal-iduna.de
Tue Feb 22 06:32:35 UTC 2005

I'm happy with the following loggin statements in named.conf (BIND 9.3.0):
logging {
        channel named_log {
                file "/var/log/named.log" versions 5 size 5m;
                severity dynamic;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time yes;
                };
        channel query_log {
                file "/var/log/query.log" versions 5 size 5m;
                severity debug ;
                print-category yes;
                print-severity yes;
                print-time yes;
                };
        category default {
                named_log;
                };
        category queries {
                query_log;
                };
        category lame-servers {
                null;
                };
};

Maybe you adopt or change this to your needs!

Kind Regards/Freundlichen Gruß

Holger Honert

KOMN-97851

SIGNAL IDUNA Gruppe