nameservers and glue...

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Fri Feb 18 05:24:23 UTC 2005

I know this isn't specifically ontopic for bind, but we're bind-users,
and I can't think of a better group to help me resolve what's wrong
than this one...

We've registered four nameservers (hosts) at ns-one.net.

Two quite some time ago:

ns1.ns-one.net
ns2.ns-one.net

and both of the above have a records at the gtld servers.

A few days ago we registered

ns11.ns-one.net
ns12.ns-one.net

and neither of these have a records at the gtld servers.

Shouldn't they all have a records at the gtld servers?

The domain is registered with Dotster, and I've used their interface to
register the new nameservers.

Thanks for helping me understand what appears to me to be a discrepancy.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation