Bind Configuration

nj njdownes at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:29:38 UTC 2005

Hi.

I am new to Bind and I thought that I would start by using the GUI.

Everytime I go to save the changes that I have made, I get errors
saying that the A record has no attribute: owner or the PTR record has
no attribute: owner.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Basically, this is how I want the DNS server set up:

Fedora Core 3 Linux box (DNS Server) internal IP: 192.168.2.3
Webserver internal IP: 192.168.2.5

For the sake of getting it working, I'll call the domain example.com.

If anyone could provide examples of exactly what I need to put into my
zone/conf files, I'd appreciate it greatly.

I am struggling with the GUI and the config files at the moment.

I hope someone can help me out here!

Thanks in advance!