allow-recursion problems

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 12 05:19:30 UTC 2005

In article <cuh885$5ti$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 peace bwitchu <peacebwitchu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have recently implemented a acl using
> allow-recursion and all seems to have went well until
> this week.  First we could not resolve one of our
> names from ip's within our allow-recusrion acl but
> could from ip's that weren't in our acl a reload of
> bind resolved that issue.  Later in the week we have
> had some intermitent problems resolving local domains
> as well.  We are currently running bind 9.2.3 on linux
> with around 300 zones and 400 queries per second.  Has
> anyone seen this type of behavior after implementing
> allow-recursion?

Are you saying that you're having trouble resolving names that *don't*
require recursion?  The allow-recursion ACL should not have any effect
on lookups in authoritative zones.

Are there any log messages when these queries fail?  Have you tried
turning on query logging or raising the debug level?

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA