Problem domain

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Mon Feb 7 19:20:43 UTC 2005

> To: comp-protocols-dns-bind at isc.org
> From: "DNS Admin" <greg at dittman.org>
> Subject: Problem domain
> Date: 7 Feb 2005 10:52:53 -0800
>
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone tell me exactly what is wrong with this domain and if it's
> breaking any rules?

check out www.dnsreport.com and enter cpships.com in the "DNS Report"
block.

(several "warnings" and several "fails"...)  (One fail is "missing "stealth
nameserver" crwdns01.cpships.com.)

> cpships.com
>
> We're unable to send mail from our MS/exchange system but I can use my
> own Linux server to send.  We don't have any other mail issue.
>
> Any MS system I try, can not return any info using nslookup and when I
> use dig I get a response but their mx and A records are pointed to
> another domain.  I'm thinking they're breaking some rule but not sure
> what.
>
> Thanks

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin