dns entry for top domain name

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 1 00:16:14 UTC 2005

No, there's no problem CNAME'ing from one zone to another. I do that all
of the time.

There *is* a problem, however, in setting "$ORIGIN ." followed by an "@"
entry. Because of the preceding $ORIGIN, named's parser interprets the
"@" as a root-zone entry. In your logs, you should have had another
error message specifying exactly the line on which the fatal error
occurred. Why did you omit that error message?

- Kevin