Do I really need an MX record? (for e-mail to work)

Daniel Ström daniel at shift.se
Thu Dec 22 13:39:35 UTC 2005

You can choose any Mail service provider you want, it does not have
to be your ISP. All i ever hear is excuses (we have to run this
ourself) but in 99% that is absolutely not defendable from a
economical or practical standpoint. If you dont have the resources
let someone else do it that has them and focus on your core buisness.

In this case judging by the setup (cable modem on a single IP) i
would seriously doubt that running it in-house is  a wise decision.

/ Dan