BIND 9 not able to resolve few domains

Borhade Ganesh (vMoksha) Ganesh.Borhade at UCB-Group.com
Thu Dec 22 09:45:45 UTC 2005

Sir,

       We have BIND 9.2.* on Primary & Sec DNS which collects info from
"root" Servers thru root.hint ( actually it is not require in BIND 9)

Regards
Ganesh
-----Original Message-----
From: Manjunath H N [mailto:Manjunath.hn at mphasis.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 6:58 AM
To: Borhade Ganesh (vMoksha); bind-users at isc.org
Subject: RE: BIND 9 not able to resolve few domains

Strange !!! you need to have forwarders, otherwise you will never be able to
lookup domains, Your nameservers are authorized to provide information only
about your domain zones. You should be having a forwarder set .... usually
your ISP's Name servers.

If you can ... please send some logs, which will help troubleshoot the
issue.

Thanks
Manjunath H N | Project Manager | M P H A S I S Architecting Value | IT
SERVICES
# 139/1, Aditya Complex, Hosur Road, Kormangala, Bangalore 560 095 | Tel:
+91-80- 25522713/714, Extn: 1012, ( Direct Line ) : +91-80-25523816 |
Mobile: 9880932553 | Fax: +91-80- 2552 2719 |  <http://www.mphasis.com/>
http://www.mphasis.com

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/ or its
Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which
it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not
the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to
you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination
of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases,
please notify us immediately at mailmaster at mphasis.com
<mailto:mailmaster at mphasis.com <mailto:mailmaster at mphasis.com> > and delete
this mail from your records.

   _____