Again: forwarders{} and delegation in zone behavior

Dmitry E Gouriev gouriev at icenet.ru
Tue Dec 20 23:50:56 UTC 2005

Hello, here is a surprised newbie question.

Thank you for explanations.

We all understand that FORWARDING takes precedence
over USAGE OF DELEGATION RECORDS, unless
explicitely specified by empty forwarders{} in zone{},
missing global forwarders in options{}, etc.

However we (at least I) do not understand WHY.
Ignoring known delegation records and querying
major servers is a preferred default behaviour ?

Does anybody know is this actualy good way and
why it is better ?

Thank you,
Dmitry

-----History: