resolver implementation as per RFC 1123

sanjib das hungrypenguinn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 12:02:01 UTC 2005

hi
As per RFC 1123, section 6.1.3.3, point (3)
if I have two servers for my private domain
one is caching & another one as primary servers,
say I sent same query to the caching server(for max no. of retransmissions
allowd) & which in  turn forwards it to the main server....& dint get any
reply from
the main server...
If I want to send the same query..whether my caching will cache this
temporary
failure from earlier case...or it will again forward it to the primary
server...
I'm using bind-9.2.4 for both the servers...

please comment..whether bind9 follows this point of RFC1123

thanks & regards
Sanjeev