New DNS Rules

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Dec 2 16:28:28 UTC 2005

	I recently received a question in our organization which asks:

>I was told that ICANN passed some new DNS rules within the past 18
>months.  I missed this.  Does anyone know what changes were made?

	I apparently also missed any changes although ICANN deals with
root domains and issues regarding top level domains.  For those of us
running domain name servers for various subdomains of the established
root zones, are there any fundamental changes afoot that we need to
know about?

	Many thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK