master and slave - no apparent updates

Michael Banta mbanta at bantacomputers.com
Tue Aug 30 13:46:25 UTC 2005

I have been following the 'master and slave not updating' threads
because I'm having the same problem.

Do you have to rndc configured and running for zone transfers to be
sucessful? I see log messages on both machines saying the notifications
are happening, but if I remove say, an A record from the master, and
then restart the master, the slave never updates that I can tell.  And
the slave serial number never updates.

These two servers are on the same subnet, just to make sure it isn't a
routing or firewall issue.

The only thing I'm not really sure about is the rndc question stated above.

Hope this question isn't too trite.

Thanks
Mike