bind v9.3.1

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:10:02 UTC 2005

On 8/30/05, Janardhan Molumuri <mjanardhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You need to disable check-names for that zone
> Yes I can do that, But If the warning doesn't harm, then why bind is
> logging it? Any idea why it meant for?

You probably mean the condition causing the warning is not harmful, right? I
think that statement depends on the particular user (e.g. some might be
interested in enforcing these checks) , hence the possibility to set up the
way check-names is enforced - if it prevents the zone from loading, only
prints a warning or just ignores invalid names.

I don't mean to be rude, but this has been discussed extensively when
9.3.0came out, and people with much better knowledge of the issue have
replied.
Check the archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users, look for
"check-names". Not to mention the fine documentation :).