Redirect of domain name on OS X,

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 20:14:24 UTC 2005

On Monday 2005-August-22 22:58, stoppal at hotmail.com wrote:
> (sorry if this is the wrong group, I am not sure were to post this,)
>
> I have OS X (3.9)  on my imac.

It is the wrong place, but it's simple, so here you go.

> If I type www.domain.com for example, I need the computer to redirect
> www.domain.com to 192.168.0.3 rather than going to the actual domain.
>
> II know it's possible, but I don't know where to start.

# echo 192.168.0.3   www.domain.com >> /etc/hosts

This might not work depending on the settings of your resolver
libraries, but it's fairly standard across Unix-like platforms so it
should work.

"man 5 resolver" or "man resolv.conf" might have more information. I
have no real experience with OS X, so keep that in mind. If this
doesn't do what you were wanting to do, you should perhaps follow up in
a forum specific to OS X.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header