journal file too large

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 10:40:56 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 2005-August-23 02:38, Tom Schmitt wrote:
> And another question for better understanding: Till now I thought the
> named does write from time to time data from the jnl-File to the real
> zone-File and so decrementing the size of the jnl-File. Is this

True and not true. The zone file is updated, yes. But the journal
contains all changes made. If you present for IXFR with a zone serial
number in the journal, named can tell you precisely which records are
needed to bring the zone up-to-date. See arm/Bv9ARM.ch04.html#journal
in your BIND documentation.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header