DNS server on multisite environment?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Aug 19 14:01:15 UTC 2005

At 5:41 AM -0500 2005-08-19, Tim Peiffer wrote:

>  Can I suggest that you research IP Anycast - RFC 1545 and 2101..  Use
>  exactly the same public IP address and have the routing table (closest
>  hop count wins) decide the best path to your public IP address.  The
>  root nameservers have been doing this for years to deliver 'N' servers
>  in 'N' countries all with the same name and address.

	Not all the root nameservers do this.  But ISC has some pretty
detailed information on how they do this for f.root-servers.net
within their "Tech Note" section at
<http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/pubs/tn/>, and you want to pay
particular attention to
<http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/pubs/tn/index.pl?tn=isc-tn-2004-1.txt>
and
<http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/pubs/tn/index.pl?tn=isc-tn-2003-1.html>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755