Trying to set up reverse DNS and PTR records!

Mikey mikeyNO at SPAM.Segel.com
Fri Aug 12 15:42:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

Here's the scenario.

I have a CIDR C block for my network.

Trying to get my DNS stable.

I'm running SUSE 9.x Professional on my boxes and started to use their
YaST wizard to build my DNS server.

I have my zone set up, forwarders, and it seems to be working ok.

Only problem is that for some reason YaST doesn't create a PTR zone/db
file for the machines in the zone file. (One would think that you should
be able to create a db file based on the SOA record and the A records in
the zone file....

Yet I digress.

I've created the reverse IP address file, and I've updated the
named.conf to include this file.

So why can't I see my PTR records?

I know I'm doing something totally brain dead, so what did I miss?

TIA!

-Mikey