SPF RRType

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Aug 11 18:21:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 10:50:59AM -0700, Gushi wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was wondering if/when the SPF record rrtype was going to be
> standardized...I've heard it's out for debate but can't find much info
> on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan Mahoney

type.  SPF uses TXT records.

Be warned: this does break some things, and it seems that about a third
of the Internet is convinced that its wide implementation would
completely destroy e-mail, while about a quarter of the Internet
considers SPF its saviour and redeemer.  (The rest don't care.)  There
seems to be some bleed from the second category to the first, but little
or none in the other direction.

--
Joe Yao