DNS Reports

Greg Zill gzill at netshops.com
Sat Aug 6 23:03:24 UTC 2005

I have tried to the brink of exhaustion to get a LIRE reporter
(http://logreport.org/lire) configured on my SuSE 9.2Pro BIND9 boxen.
Has anyone configured this or any daily reporter? I am interested in the
number & type of queries, top 25 sources, top 25 requests, etc as a
daily ASCII report to be emailed; perhaps a monthly summary. The LIRE
report looked like it would fit the bill but Curses and Curses::UI are
real bears to get installed on my particular SuSE9.2/BIND9 boxen. What
do you use for DNS reporting/monitoring beyond SNMP?

Gregory W Zill
NetShops, Inc.