Stumped re dynamic updates and multiple views

Auer Karl James karl.auer at id.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 3 09:31:44 UTC 2005

Hi there.

We are considering movinbg to a system where we have one view for
external users and one view for internal users, maunly because we habve
LOTS of internal addresses that are presently visible to the outside
world.

What we want is for external users to be unable to resolve names that
have private addresses. Internal users should be able to resolve public
and private addresses.

So far so good - we just set up two views and it's done. But: We use
DHCP and DDNS for both address spaces. The DHCP servers do our dynamic
updates. Getting updates for private addresses into the internal view is
no problem, but how do we get updates for our public addresses into BOTH
views?

I'm hoping there's an obvious solution that I've missed... feel free to
use both sides of the paper.

Regards, K.

--=20