Migrating from W2K DNS to Bind

Ronald I. Nutter ronald_nutter at georgetowncollege.edu
Fri Apr 29 12:53:31 UTC 2005

Thanks to Cricket and others who have answered my questions recently.  I
am thinking about taking on another project - getting rid of W2K for
external DNS.  I have to keep the server running W2K for another reason
but want to change to Bind. The W2K box is my primary and the linux box
is secondary.  To minimize downtime, I am trying to figure out the best
way to make the change.  Should I make the linux box which is a
secondary DNS, the primary and then uninstall DNS on the W2K box,
installed Bind and bring it up as a secondary ?  Any suggestions on
making this kind of migration ?

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Nutter                          ron_nutter at georgetowncollege.edu=20
Network Infrastructure & Security Manager
Information Technology Services                        (502)863-7002
Georgetown College                                    =20
Georgetown, KY                                            40324-1696
=20