qmail issue

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Apr 25 23:50:10 UTC 2005

> >> A "deferral: CNAME_lookup_failed_temporarily._(#4.4.3)" log entry has
> >> been created, when the sender
> >> is using qmail to send us an email.
> >>
> >> Here is some interesting link found by google:
> >> http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/28942
> >> http://www.cyber-sentry.com/index.php?id=58
> >
> > I think this problem is a qmail problem.  I am not a qmail guy... sorry...
>
> Yes, it is a qmail "feature", but if could decrease my repsonses less
> than 500 byte this "feature" will not be problem anymore.
>
> Best wishes,
> Andras
>

> > dave...

	Do you have a firewall sitting in front of the nameserver
	that is performing statefull inspection of DNS queries?

	The reason I ask this is that the server is not responding
	to DNS/UDP ANY queries for the two domains but does respond
	to DNS/TCP ANY queries and there are firewalls that are
	known to examine DNS/UDP but not examine DNS/TCP.

	Note neither response to the ANY queries would exceed 512 bytes.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org