Weird Named error...

Braun Brelin bbrelin at openapp.biz
Thu Apr 21 12:19:51 UTC 2005

Okay,

I'm trying to run named so that it won't write anything to syslog.
I've got a logging statement in my named.conf file that looks like this:

logging {
        channel simple-log {
            file  "/var/log/named.log"  versions 3 size 5m;
            severity info;
            print-time yes;
            print-category yes;
        };
        category default {
           simple_log;
        };
        category config {
           simple_log;
        };
        category client {
           simple_log;
        };
        category general {
           simple_log;
        };
};

I can't, however, get named to stop logging to syslog on startup.  How can
I get named to stop logging *anything* to syslog and to log to my
named.log file instead?

Thanks,

Braun Brelin