errno2result.c:66: unexpected errors

joe joe at telepacific.net
Thu Apr 21 00:31:39 UTC 2005

 John Nastasi wrote: Thanks Mark for the reply. Is there any way of not
having these messages posed in the Events Log? Thanks ----- Original Message
----- From: "Mark Andrews" <Mark_Andrews at isc.org>[1] To: "John Nastasi"
<jnastasi at colbi.net>[2] Cc: <bind-users at isc.org>[3] Sent: Tuesday, April 05,
2005 5:01 PM Subject: Re: errno2result.c:66: unexpected errors We are
runningBIND 9.3.1 on a W2K server and are experiencing the following errors
on a recurring basis. Is there anything I need to do? are there errors
catastrophic in nature? thanks for the help. errno2result.c:66: unexpected
error: followed by: unable to convert errno to isc_result: 64: The specified
network name is no l onger available. then followed by: dispatch 011FF308:
shutting down due to TCP receive error: 212.68.149.98#53: unexpected error
All the errors appear to be coming from the same IP address. This occurs for
a period of time until later in the day when the same types of errors occur
for a different IP address. Sometime we will go on for days without any
namederrors. I assume that the last error above is indicating that named is
shutting down and re-starting. Right? No. Just the incoming TCP connection
isclosed. There is nothing to worry about here. Thanks for the help. -- Mark
Andrews, ISC 1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia PHONE: +61 2
9871 4742 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org[4] Yeah, setup logging to go into a
folder and have the logs roll over after a certain size and keep them for a
week or so. Works great on windows server 2003 . Running 9.3.0 and going to
upgrade to 9.3.1 one of these evenings :)

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:Mark_Andrews at isc.org
   2 mailto:jnastasi at colbi.net
   3 mailto:bind-users at isc.org