9.2.5 resolving error

Joseph W. Breu breu at cfu.net
Wed Apr 20 13:50:53 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Chris wrote:

> ... no answer. This is because the delegation is ns1.brainwavestudios.net but
> your zone file says that it's ns.tinybaublesjewelry.com, which only exists
> in your zone file and not as a glue record.
>
> The name server(s)  that the domain is delegated to and the NS records on
> the zone file should match.
>
> "I have tried to get the remote admin to get an A record for his NS records,
> but he is claiming it is my problem...  Is it?"
>
> Yes, your zone data is wrong!

You may have mis-understood the actual question.  The domain in question
is someone elses.  They are putting the blame on me for not resolving it.
I am trying to convince their DNS admin that they do indeed have an issue,
but wanted to touch base with this group to make certain that it is indeed
not on my side.

I think that we have answered that question.  Thanks to those that
replied offlist with helpfull information.

--

Thanks,