9.2.5 resolving error

Joseph W. Breu breu at cfu.net
Tue Apr 19 16:33:12 UTC 2005

Running Bind 9.2.5 on an FC3 box with all patches installed

Our name server is having problems resolving domains where the NS record
is not resolveable.

For example, domain.com has ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com.  There is
no glue in the root servers for ns1.domain.com to resolve to an IP
address.

Querying the name via the IP of ns1.domain.com (which I got from another
server), returns NXDOMAIN.

Has a change been made in later versions of bind that would cause this?  I
have tried to get the remote admin to get an A record for his NS records,
but he is claiming it is my problem...  Is it?

--

Thanks,