Forward Zone updated by Microsoft DNS

Bruce A. Black bblack at iccu.com
Mon Apr 18 20:58:51 UTC 2005

Dear List,

I have been looking for information on how to get a Windows 2003 server
to update a BIND 9 installation on Linux. The reverse zone updates but
not the forward and I cannot figure out how to get it to work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

My named.conf file is as follows:

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db";
        statistics-file "/var/named/data/named_stats.txt";
        /*
         * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want
         * to talk to, you might need to uncomment the query-source
         * directive below.  Previous versions of BIND always asked
         * questions using port 53, but BIND 8.1 uses an unprivileged
         * port by default.
         */
         // query-source address * port 53;
};

controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndckey; };
};

zone "." IN {
        type hint;
        file "named.ca";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN {
        type master;
        file "named.local";
};

zone "domain.com" IN {
        type master;
       // notify no;
        file "domain.com";
        allow-update { 172.17.0.0/16; localhost; };
};

zone "5.17.172.in-addr.arpa" IN {
        type master;
       // notify no;
        file "172.17.5";
        allow-update { 172.17.0.0/16; localhost; };
};

// Following added by Bruce to keep log stuff out.
logging {
        category lame-servers { null; };

};

include "/etc/rndc.key";

Notice: This e-mail and/or the attachments accompanying it
may contain confidential information belonging to Idaho
Central Credit Union. The information contained is for the
use of the intended recipient. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the e-mail and any attachments.
=0D