ns_update() routine in BIND9?

Danfeng Yao dyao at cs.indiana.edu
Mon Apr 18 20:53:52 UTC 2005

Hi,
	My application needs to update the zone data periodically.  I want
to write a program to do that. One way is to write a script that executes
nsupdate as a command-line. Alternatively, the ns_update() routine in the
resolver library of BIND 8 is said to do the same.
	However, I couldn't find ns_update() routine in BIND 9. Does
anyone know the reason? Is it because ns_update() is buggy?
	Are there any routines, API that can be used to dynamically update
zone data, instead of the command-line execution? Any comment/suggestion
is welcomed. Thanks a lot!

Best,
Daphne