defining service ceilings

Ted Lindgreen ted at sanne.nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Apr 18 10:13:36 UTC 2005

In article <d3elqa$127f$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
Brad Knowles  <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
>	Keep in mind that NSD is not suitable for use as a
>general-purpose authoritative-only server.

Why would that be?

According to the (quite lively) nsd-users mailing list, at least
the actual NSD-users think it is very suitable. Among the NSD-users
there are 2 root-servers and a substantial number of TLD's.

As for problems, I am not sure at what problems you are hinting at,
but according to our bugs-database there were no serious problems
reported from any released version. There were minor inconveniance
reports and/or feature requests, most of which were fixed/implemented
within a day or so. The one and only outstanding feature request
currently is IXFR support.

Regards,
-- ted