pharming.. dns cache insertion...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 9 17:32:27 UTC 2005

how does one/could one go about determining if an IP Address is actually
valid...

given that the whole initial assumption of the internet/dns is that a dns
server wnats to return honest information, i can start to see what happens
if this assumption breaks down. but if i could 'poll' a sampling of dns
servers for a given URL/Ip Address, shouldn't i be able to more or less
determine if the address that i'm generating for the URL is 'valid'. and
yeah, i'm willing to assume that a URL could have multiple 'valid' IP
addresses...

but if i poll 500-1000 DNS servers for a given IP Address, shouldn't i start
to see patterns that tell me what the valid IP addresses are for the URL, so
that an address that gets returned to me (or a false one that's hard coded)
could be identified as being false...

comments/thoughts...

thanks

bruce