pharming.. dns cache insertion...

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Apr 9 02:03:48 UTC 2005

At 5:38 PM -0700 2005-04-08, bruce wrote:

>  note the humour!! but seriously, how might it be done...

	If you wish your message to be taken in jest, I recommend that
you sprinkle some smileys (e.g., ";-)" or ":-)") throughout.
Otherwise, people are likely to take you seriously.

>  as a basic question, how many dns servers are we talking about if we simply
>  constrain it to the dns servers that are exposed...

	It is not possible to determine that number.  Just the
delegations alone change quickly enough that you couldn't possibly
tell, even if you had somehow managed to get an arrangement with
every single other person on the entire planet that allowed you to
see a complete copy of all their zones.

	You'd spend too much time walking the tree and it would change
far too many times during that process.

>  has anybody ever researched this???

	Feel free to give it a try.  Please let us know how it works out.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755