Compile BIND 9.3.1 for cacheing performance

Joe Shen sj_hznm at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Apr 6 10:03:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to optimize BIND9.3.1 cache server
performance on my new SPARC computers(Solaris9).

IMHO, the first step should compile BIND code with
Sun's C compiler. But, after I compiled BIND with
Forte 7 C compiler I found the binary code generated
is much larger than that of gcc3.4.2. ( with Sun's C
compiler I got named of 5042848 bytes, with gcc
2375920 bytes). Do this means GCC will generate more
optimized code ?

I configure with the following command:

$./configure --prefix=/usr/local/bind9 --disable-ipv6
CFLAGS=-fast

would anyone would do some help?

Joe