errno2result.c:66: unexpected errors

John Nastasi jnastasi at colbi.net
Tue Apr 5 15:46:51 UTC 2005

We are running BIND 9.3.1 on a W2K server and are experiencing the following errors on a recurring basis. Is there anything I need to do? are there errors catastrophic in nature? thanks for the help.
errno2result.c:66: unexpected error:

followed by:

unable to convert errno to isc_result: 64: The specified network name is no longer available.

then followed by:

dispatch 011FF308: shutting down due to TCP receive error: 212.68.149.98#53: unexpected error

All the errors appear to be coming from the same IP address. This occurs for a period of time until later in the day when the same types of errors occur for a different IP address. Sometime we will go on for days without any named errors.

I assume that the last error above is indicating that named is shutting down and re-starting. Right?

Thanks for the help.