mem.c

Dan Durrer dan at vitalwerks.com
Sat Apr 2 08:31:34 UTC 2005

Hey guys,

Here is a fun problem I thought I'd bounce of you. I have one 9.3.1 slave that
keeps throwing this error and crashing.

Apr  1 23:04:40  named[4900]: mem.c:628: INSIST(((unsigned char *)mem)[size] ==
0xbe) failed
Apr  1 23:04:40  named[4900]: exiting (due to assertion failure)

OS has been reinstalled, hardware replaced.  Same configure lines as on all
other slaves we maintain.  The only other variable I can think of is that this
particular machine is our only Athalon based server.  After a reboot we were
able to get it to run for a day before crashing.  If we reload named on it w/o
rebooting we get a few minutes to a few hours before it dies.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan Durrer
No-IP.com