Domain transfer issues

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 00:27:10 UTC 2005

>        Well this indicates that the TCP handshake has not completed.
>        Despite what you are saying this looks like a firewall issue.
> --
> Mark Andrews, ISC
> PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org

Fixing it took a very simple change.  I changed allow-transfer{ any;
}; to allow-transfer( 202.157.185.115; }; and it started working.

I don't know if it's something special with the debian package
(testing) or with that version of bind(9.2.4).  I didn't suppose that
allow-transfer{ any; }; was depricated, but that's the change I made
and it worked the first time after that for both domains I changed it
on.

My only speculation is that accept() isn't called if the requesting IP
is not allowed transfer rights (resulting in an incomplete handshake).
 But, as I said, that part is speculation.  This couldn't have been a
firewall issue because iptables -L showed all tables empty and the
machine is not behind a firewall at this time.

Shaun Kruger