could not listen on UDP socket: permission denied

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Sep 27 13:50:06 UTC 2004

	This is the error we got when bringing up the secondary
Ethernet interface on a box that is already serving as our master DNS.
A slave which is normally physically located in a department that
likes to be on the same VLAN as a DNS died so I configured the
secondary interface on our primary to reflect the address of that
slave.  When I reset bind, that is the message I got.  Bind continued
to serve properly on the primary interface.  What do I need to do to
make this go away?

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group