DNS server not getting all updates

Hack Atom hackatom at email.wnmu.edu
Thu Sep 23 21:01:03 UTC 2004

If you want to learn bind & dns, then purchase a book on such and read
and read and read some more! I recommend 'DNS and BIND' 4th Edition by
Paul Albitz and Cricket Liu. Very Good! Most definitely worth its weight
in the present highest value substance (Whatever that may be).

I have designed, configured, tested and installed 5 dns servers since
May 2004. There have been a few gotchas along the way, but I have been
able to troubleshoot and resolve the problems with a little help from my
trusty previously mentioned book. Also, searching the bind mailing list
archives has provided some valuable info along the way, as well as a few
articles on dns and bind that I found on the web.

The value of self-learning is knowing that the knowledge can be re-used
again down the road. I have learned much in this time, but I am nowhere
near as knowledgeable as the folks that use bind on a regular basis.

Probably not very helpful in your present situation, but...!

G'Day,

Roger Crane